Each Friday I share 5 articles that I found interesting or useful.
Here's this week's batch...
How Kirsten Green defied venture capital’s gender boundaries and ruled ecommerce by Sarah Lacy
- Profiling one of the most successful ecommerce investors in recent years... "Having missed the first wave of ecommerce, she wasn’t religious about the Internet as the only channel. She didn’t believe brick-and-mortar was going away. She looked at the industry from a different perspective — and it happened to be how many of the up and coming ecommerce entrepreneurs were looking at it too."
London tops PwC Cities of Opportunity Index by Tech City News
- Go London! "The British Capital finishes first in technology readiness, economic clout and city gateway – all measures of its stature as a thriving centre of the world economy."
TUESDAY SHOESDAY: STYLECT by Kelly Osbourne
- Kelly discovers Stylect, one of our recent investments... "The other day my friend would not stop looking at her phone, so I asked her who she was sexting but instead she showed me this app."
Startups and the Stockdale Paradox by Jamie Davidson
- Applying advice from a Vietnam naval officer to a Startup founder. This makes sense. “You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end — which you can never afford to lose — with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.”"
3 Keys to Starting to do 1 on 1s with Your Team by Jason Evanish
- Really simple striaightforward sound advice here. Anyone managing people, please read this.