Each Friday I share 5 articles that I found interesting or useful.
Here's this week's batch...
These are the Best Titles for Blog Posts and this is why.. by Pedro Pereira
- You know you want to click the link, you know you do.
The problem with payments by Ben Thomson
- Why is Square struggling? Good analysis here. There's a really neat diagram that reminds us that for a new product to take hold, the benefit needs to outweight the pain of adoption. The relative balance between these two element varies by territory. The developing world can in some cases offer better opportunities for product disruption than the developed world.
Principles of Mobile Site Design: Delight Users and Drive Conversions by Google
- This whitepaper gives very clear and helpful design principles for mobile applications and sites.
Ubiquitous Computing and iPad Doomsayers by Andrew Parker
- When thinking about screen sizes, Andrew reminds us of the Tab / Pad / Board categories originally envisaged by the XEROX Parc guys last century. Maybe Steve Jobs had that in mind when he named the iPad?
Fixing broken startups - the product org by Pat Kinsel
- Who are you building your product for and what is their pain?
- What would address your customers’ pain and improve their lives?
- What will you actually build?
Unfortunately, many startups can answer the last question, but fall apart on the first two. Their task list is a poorly considered jumble based only on gut instinct.
Great article that explores the challenges of growing a product team as the company scales.